
***WARNING: This is a RANT and probably has less value than your average posting***
Wanting to post on this blog is about as natural for me as puppy drinking from a straw. Sometimes, I hold this blog in contempt because I'm forced to come here and write something that matters to me. Are there things that I find important and news worthy, certainly. Unfortunately, I'm not the type that assumes writing or ranting will change anything. By nature I am a doer, so it's frustrating to wait for some higher authority to allow cloud computing, wiki's in the workplace, facebook book pages, twitter accounts or any other web application that makes my job of interacting with our constituents -18-24 year old service members- any easier.
As I'm reading other blogs, I'm starting to see that most educators really have a lot of freewill when it comes to what you can implement in your classrooms. Your ideas are only limited to time and resources - big hurdles to jump; but at least you have flexibilty. I envy that sometimes.
I rarely mention new ideas I'm working on such as an internal office management wiki or using Google applications to share information or more importantly comment on how ideas in the blogsphere directly affect specifically my workplace. This is because my blog is open to public and can be shut down at any time by the federal agency I am employed because it is may not represent the agency in the best light. Moving foward I'll have to work on the balancing act to remain gainfully employed while sharing my ideas on subjects that matter to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment