Sunday, January 29, 2012

Duties of a Technology Coordinator

For my final semester, I'm taking a course that explore Coordinating Technology in an Educational Setting. One of our assignments included interviewing a Technology Coordinator to gain more knowledge of how this role functions in a K-12 setting. On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 I met with Craig Barnum, the Director of Information Services and Technology. Craig works for Prairie Community Schools. As his title indicates, he is responsible for much more than simply 'coordinating technology'.

My initial impression of a Technology Coordinator was very different from what the in-person interview revealed otherwise. For the full scoop, Listen to this podcast. The full interview was slightly over 23 minutes. There is minor feedback (buzzing) in a few sections of the interview. I suspect this is because of the microphone and CPU processor 'communicating' with each other. Hopefully, it isn't too much of a distraction. The interview was very insightful.


Picture sighted from: http://gatorball.files.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment